Thursday, March 14, 2013

Moving Tales, Adventures in Relocation--A Sneak Peek--Moving Smurf


This week I'm posting whole stories or excerpts from the book with shots and bios of the authors. I hope you've enjoyed the previous posts. Here's another!

I hope you will love Moving Tales, Adventures in Relocation as much as I do!
 Buy a copy on Amazon


Moving Smurf

By Sofia Arroyo

As I was moving out my dorm room after my second year of college, I encountered some unexpected problems. I own a rather large beanbag couch, six-feet in diameter, and I had to get it down four flights of stairs since we had no elevator in the building.

I briefly considered just dropping it out the window instead of hauling it down the stairs, but there were bushes at the bottom floor, so I decided against it. I was fond of my large blue beanbag and wanted to keep it for the next year of school. With the window option “out the window,” I decided to roll the beanbag I called, "Smurf," out the door and down the hall--squeezing the thing, little by little, out the door.

Once finally out, I rolled it down the hall toward the stairs. Then I pushed the thing down the stairs, half a flight at a time. Four flights of stairs later, and huffing and puffing, I finally made it out of the building and into my car. The beanbag barely fit into the back of my hatchback 2002 Volkswagen Golf.

Coming back from summer break, I had to get “Smurf” back into my new dorm room. Again, my room was on the upper floor, but this time we had an elevator. I squeezed Smurf back into my car and drove it back to campus. With the help of a friend, I rolled the beanbag up the sidewalk and inside the building.

Once inside, we decided to see how fast we could roll it. Then, all of a sudden, my friend tripped and fell onto the beanbag. Physics were not on my side. I fell and flipped over the beanbag and landed on my back on the other side of it. All in a split second! And I didn't even know what hit me.

We recovered and got to the elevator, but discovered that the dorm
elevator was not very big. So we pushed the beanbag inside and hopped on top of it to get up to the 3rd floor. When we got there, we had to roll of the beanbag and out of the elevator.
Finally, we settled Smurf into the new dorm room. I haven't moved it since!



~*~


If you or somebody you know is packing up for a migration across town, across the country or around the world, Moving Tales, Adventures in Relocation, offers a welcome diversion to the broken dishes, lost furniture and everything else that always seems to go wrong during a move. The lighthearted, and sometimes unbelievably true stories of those who’ve moved in, moved out and moved on, will move your heart and lift your spirits.


Linda Kozar is the co-author of Babes With A Beatitude—Devotions For Smart, Savvy Women of Faith (Hardcover/Ebook, Howard/Simon & Schuster 2009) and author of Misfortune Cookies (Print, Barbour Publishing 2008), Misfortune CookiesA Tisket, A Casket, and Dead As A Doornail, (“When The Fat Ladies Sing Series,” eBooks, Spyglass Lane Mysteries, 2012). Her latest novel Strands of Fate released October 2012 (Hardcover/Ebook, Creative Woman Mysteries). She received the ACFW Mentor of the Year Award in 2007, founded and served as president of Writers On The Storm, The Woodlands, Texas ACFW chapter for three years. In 2003, she co-founded, co-directed and later served as Southwest Texas Director of Words For The Journey Christian Writers Guild. She and her husband Michael, married 24 years, have two lovely daughters, Katie and Lauren and a Rat Terrier princess named Patches.
Represented by: Wendy Lawton, Books & Such Literary Agency
Member of: CAN (Christian Authors Network), RWA (Romance Writers of American), WHRWA (West Houston Romance Writers of America), ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers), Writers On The Storm, The Woodlands, Texas Chapter of ACFW, Toastmasters (Area 56) The Woodlands, Texas, The Woodlands Church, The Woodlands, TX.


aaaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cozy Mysteries by Linda Kozar

Gate Beautiful Radio Show--November 21, 2013

Family Reunion--Oregon 2012

Click here to view this photo book larger

Start your own Shutterfly Photo Book today.

Meet The Christian Authors--2011

Meet The Christian Authors--2011
@ Barnes & Noble, Houston, TX